Over the weekend it appears that a good number of my pet peeves surfaced. Most of them on Saturday as that’s when I ran most of my errands. Usually these things happen gradually over the course of the week making it easier for me handle and digest, but for some reason it all culminated into two days.
- Tardiness – I am perpetually on time. I hate being late and if I’m running even 5 minutes late I call and let someone know. I value my time and others as well and I find it rather difficult and irritating when people don’t value other people’s time
- Rudeness — Not really going to go into this one because there are so many things that fall into this category
- People that don’t say “Excuse Me” – I was in Whole Foods on Saturday and was leaning over to pick up some yogurt and this woman reaches in front and clear across me to get some Activia. She doesn’t say excuse me or pardon me. Nothin. So, I in all my irritated state say, “Excuse me, sorry am I in your way?” And she looks at me, turns red as a beet and only then says, “Excuse me.” WTF.
- Sunday drivers Monday thru Saturday — Enough said on this one.
This is the first day back to some semblance of normalcy for me since my emergency surgery that was supposed to keep me out of work and off my feet for about a week (a week and a half tops), but as we know nothing in life is guaranteed.
I felt great and was ready to get back to the A to Z Challenge, school work, and even work, which was my plan; but unfortunately my body had other plans for me. A few days after I was discharged complications set in and back to the doctor and hospital I went. A fever, 101, low enough; but never looks good after you’ve had any type of medical procedure and a bit or rather a lot of vomiting and some other stuff I dare not mention here.
By the time I got to the doctors office my fever had climbed to 102.4 and the decision was made shortly there after for me to head to the hospital for some tests. Go straight to the hospital do not pass go Read More…
Ha! It’s funny that this topic should come up because I was going to write a post about time today.
I don’t usually write about work just because when I leave work, I leave work at the office and the twain shall never meet outside of the hallowed office walls and halls. I don’t friend people I work with on Facebook. I don’t follow their Twitter feed. I don’t go to birthday parties or happy hour — unless it’s company sponsored and even then I gag at the thought. Don’t get me wrong, for the most part I really enjoy the folks I work with and my job. It’s just after eight, nine, ten hours of day with you, I’d rather spend my winding down time without you.
So, back to the prompt at hand. I just got a new Read More…
This is actually a follow up to a previous post ‘Your Guess is as Good as Mine”, which was in response to a Daily Post prompt to write down the first thing you thought about that morning.
I woke up around 4:30 yesterday morning with an insatiable need to go to the bathroom and while I peed the McDonald’s “Fishy, Fishy” song made an unwelcome debut in my head. I was slightly offended by this invasion, since I don’t eat McDonald’s. I couldn’t help but laugh that this campy song would invade my head at such an incredibly inappropriate time.
Then after that randomness my head was flooded with more randomness — quotes from perhaps one of the best movies of all time — “The Princess Bride”. Yep that’s right, “The Princess Frikin’ Bride”.
As you wish. . .
then there was . . .
You are the brute squad
and finally . . .
Hello. My name is Inigo Montoya. You killed my father. Prepare to die.
So, I head back to bed with “Princess Bride” quotes swirling around in my head and the McDonald’s “Fishy, Fishy” song as background music. I tried desperately to go back to sleep since I had to be up in less than two hours, but the more I tried the more “Fishy, Fishy” bore itself into my head.
I tried my own version of replacement therapy. Picked another song from my brain box — Adele’s “Rolling in the Deep”.
There’s a fire starting in my heart.
Reaching a fever pitch and it’s bringing me out the dark
“Damnit!” was just one of a few expletives I used in my futile attempt to get that infernal “Fishy, Fishy” song out of my head.
Needless to say, I never made it back to sleep. I got up at 6 am and headed for the shower, and I’ll be damned there it was again. I guess I should just embrace the “Fishy, Fishy” song.
For today’s WP Daily Prompt, I though about creating a character and writing a story, but decided against it. Maybe later down the road I’ll write a story featuring one or more of these places.
- The Morgue — It’s just something very eerie about a morgue that just doesn’t sit right with me. Yes part of it is that it’s inundated with dead people in a giant refrigerator and in drawers
- A Cemetery — Cemeteries are very beautiful places and look extremely peaceful, but I have to tell you Michael Jackson’s Thriller video ruined it for me
- A Funeral Home — It’s not that this place just reminds me of taxidermist for people. That alone would probably be alright, but it’s the workers that give me the heebie jeebies. They speak in such a solemn and monotone voice and have these weird and awkward smiles on their faces. I can’t help but think their fitting me for a casket
- Jail — I have absolutely no desire to be Big Bertha’s cell mate and I have a really hard time with authority. I’m the boss of me and having someone else be the boss of me would not go over very well. Also that I’m in a little cell with a little window and not to mention surrounded by women all day. That in of itself would drive me to drink, if I could have alcohol.
- Antarctica — Why would I want to go there. It’s an ice abyss and it’s just to damn cold
- The Sahara Desert or Death Valley — To frackin hot during the day and to frackin cold at night. I’m a cool 65°–75° kinda gal with no humidity
So here are this weeks to Five Question Friday (5QF).
1. What was the most productive thing you have done this week?
Not choke the living daylights out of a couple of my coworkers. Honestly.
And homework. Since I decided to go back to school and get a master’s in Adult Education its work, work, work. I’ll be glad when I can go out and have some fun, fun, fun.
2. Enjoying the winter or ready for spring?
Well since we haven’t had any snow, I’m ready for spring. I was really hoping for one snow storm, but not Snowmageddon snow.
The thing with Spring though is that it comes with everything that I’m allergic to. Remember that movie The Boy in the Plastic Bubble. Read More…