This is the first day back to some semblance of normalcy for me since my emergency surgery that was supposed to keep me out of work and off my feet for about a week (a week and a half tops), but as we know nothing in life is guaranteed.
I felt great and was ready to get back to the A to Z Challenge, school work, and even work, which was my plan; but unfortunately my body had other plans for me. A few days after I was discharged complications set in and back to the doctor and hospital I went. A fever, 101, low enough; but never looks good after you’ve had any type of medical procedure and a bit or rather a lot of vomiting and some other stuff I dare not mention here.
By the time I got to the doctors office my fever had climbed to 102.4 and the decision was made shortly there after for me to head to the hospital for some tests. Go straight to the hospital do not pass go Read the rest of this entry
Over the past couple of weeks, I have been creatively stumped. I believe I have come to a bit of self discovery about why and having figured out at least a portion of it I hope to resolve it soon and move on.
I mentioned in an earlier post that I work with four of the unhappiest women over 50, I have ever worked with in my life. I don’t talk about work outside of work and I don’t blog about it either and truth be told I don’t plan on starting now. This will be the one and only post about work (unless of course I get a promotion).
I have internalized issues I don’t normally internalize nor usually care about. Read the rest of this entry
This is actually a follow up to a previous post ‘Your Guess is as Good as Mine”, which was in response to a Daily Post prompt to write down the first thing you thought about that morning.
I woke up around 4:30 yesterday morning with an insatiable need to go to the bathroom and while I peed the McDonald’s “Fishy, Fishy” song made an unwelcome debut in my head. I was slightly offended by this invasion, since I don’t eat McDonald’s. I couldn’t help but laugh that this campy song would invade my head at such an incredibly inappropriate time.
Then after that randomness my head was flooded with more randomness — quotes from perhaps one of the best movies of all time — “The Princess Bride”. Yep that’s right, “The Princess Frikin’ Bride”.
As you wish. . .
then there was . . .
You are the brute squad
and finally . . .
Hello. My name is Inigo Montoya. You killed my father. Prepare to die.
So, I head back to bed with “Princess Bride” quotes swirling around in my head and the McDonald’s “Fishy, Fishy” song as background music. I tried desperately to go back to sleep since I had to be up in less than two hours, but the more I tried the more “Fishy, Fishy” bore itself into my head.
I tried my own version of replacement therapy. Picked another song from my brain box — Adele’s “Rolling in the Deep”.
There’s a fire starting in my heart.
Reaching a fever pitch and it’s bringing me out the dark
“Damnit!” was just one of a few expletives I used in my futile attempt to get that infernal “Fishy, Fishy” song out of my head.
Needless to say, I never made it back to sleep. I got up at 6 am and headed for the shower, and I’ll be damned there it was again. I guess I should just embrace the “Fishy, Fishy” song.
For today’s WP Daily Prompt, I though about creating a character and writing a story, but decided against it. Maybe later down the road I’ll write a story featuring one or more of these places.
- The Morgue — It’s just something very eerie about a morgue that just doesn’t sit right with me. Yes part of it is that it’s inundated with dead people in a giant refrigerator and in drawers
- A Cemetery — Cemeteries are very beautiful places and look extremely peaceful, but I have to tell you Michael Jackson’s Thriller video ruined it for me
- A Funeral Home — It’s not that this place just reminds me of taxidermist for people. That alone would probably be alright, but it’s the workers that give me the heebie jeebies. They speak in such a solemn and monotone voice and have these weird and awkward smiles on their faces. I can’t help but think their fitting me for a casket
- Jail — I have absolutely no desire to be Big Bertha’s cell mate and I have a really hard time with authority. I’m the boss of me and having someone else be the boss of me would not go over very well. Also that I’m in a little cell with a little window and not to mention surrounded by women all day. That in of itself would drive me to drink, if I could have alcohol.
- Antarctica — Why would I want to go there. It’s an ice abyss and it’s just to damn cold
- The Sahara Desert or Death Valley — To frackin hot during the day and to frackin cold at night. I’m a cool 65°–75° kinda gal with no humidity
I spend so much time working (job and school) it’s hard to find free time, but somehow I managed to find quite a bit of it this year. Hopefully next year I can do the same.
So, I thought I’d share some of the things I enjoyed in 2012. Enjoy!
I made a rather rash decision this fall and it has really been kicking my backside. I decided to go back to school and get a second degree in Adult Education. So, between working full-time and going to school practically full-time there hasn’t been much time for anything.
Getting my degree in Adult Education has been a dream that has been postponed for a long time and I decided to finally fulfill it. Once upon a time some years ago, I taught 9th grade English and it was somewhat fulfilling; but I always new that it was not the end all and be all. In other words it was a job and was aware it would be a short lived job. It was. Lasted one year. Then I moved on to being a trainer. Didn’t love it (because of the company) but found it much more fulfilling.
Hopefully you’ll stay tuned because I do have quite a few upcoming posts. In order to maintain my sanity, reduce the number of increasing bald spots, and continue having decent posts there will be a couple of changes. In order to have quality posts, I’ll probably post two or three times a week.