Day 16: NaBloPoMo — Inside the Blogger’s Studio w/ My Mom
I wanted to get this up yesterday, but unfortunately my dear old mother took her time getting me her answers. I went with the Inside the Actor’s Studio’s questions from an earlier Daily Post, because I was curious how she would answer. Some surprised me.
. . . so here are her answers from today’s Daily Post.
- What is your favorite word?
I don’t just have one, but for now I’ll go with Love. Not to be cliche, but we really do need more of it and compassion too.
- What is your least favorite word?
N**ger. Growing up when I did it was used quite regularly and I hate it when I hear people use it.
- What turns you on creatively, spiritually or emotionally?
I like to people watch and imagine what they’re saying or what their gestures mean and I’ll come up with a story based on that.
- What turns you off?
- What is your favorite curse word?
Shit. I just like the way it rolls off my tongue. You can draw it out. Like you start shhh (like your shushing somebody) then you end with -it. Shhh-it. Or you can say it very fast and staccato like.
- What sound or noise do you love?
- What sound or noise do you hate?
Yelling. (As her child, I found this answer rather interesting because she is a yeller.)
- What profession other than your own would you like to attempt?
Astronomer. I’ve wondered what was beyond the stars and never believed that we were or are the only ones out there or here. So, I wanted to find out what out there.
- What profession would you not like to do?
Not sure about this. I’ve worked a lot of jobs over the years. Some I enjoyed a great deal others I haven’t, but you do what you need to do in order to make ends meet.I would have to say any job from that television show Dirty Jobs. Disgusting.
- If Heaven exists, what would you like to hear God say when you arrive at the Pearly Gates?
I would probably say “Holy Shit!” While He shook his head. But I would love to hear Him say,”Even though I threw a lot at you you handled it well and kept the faith. Thank you for being a faithful servant.