“Rose called for a doctor who can save us.”
“Who is this doctor and how can he save us from this?”
“He’s seen it many times. She calls him the doctor.”
This week’s Trifextra prompt was inspired by the 50th anniversary of Doctor Who. For this prompt we had to write 33 words and choose one word that would repeat three times. It could only be a verb, noun , or adjective and it could not change in form.
I hope you enjoyed my little tribute.
This weeks Trifextra prompt is based on a quote from Katherine Paterson, author of Bridge to Terabithia. She wrote, “It’s like the smarter you are, the more things can scare you.” We are looking for a 33-word explanation of what scares you (or your character). We already know you’re intelligent, so, according to Paterson, you should have no shortage of potential subject matter.
I hope you enjoy! And as usual, please make sure you stop by and read what others have written and of course you’re welcome to join in the writing fun.
This week’s Trifextra is Community judged, so make sure to take a moment to vote, too.
She’s terrified of them. She was never stabbed with one. Never used one. Never even picked one up.
Week after week I ask, “Why?”
She shrugs and says, “I’m just terrified of pens.”
The minxes over at Trifecta have come up with an interesting challenge. For this challenge they have given us the 99th page of the Oxford English dictionary and have asked that we choose a word and any definition and write a story consisting of 99 words.
Here is my take on the prompt. I hope you enjoy and please make sure to stop by and read everyone else’s stories.
This week is community judged, so make sure you vote.
“Another Bacardi shot for my pal,” Jake said. “It’s his last weekend as a free man.”
“Guys, I really should go,” AJ said.
“Have a little fun while you still can,” Patrick said. “As a former confirmed bachelor, I recommend you enjoy”
“Last one,” AJ said.
“Yup. In many ways. Let’s go,” Patrick said slyly.
“Hotel bar means hotel room,” Jake said.
“Which means the party ain’t over,” Patrick said.
Annalese and AJ were celebrating their one year anniversary with Patrick, Jake and their wives when a woman shoves a baby at AJ.
“Here you take care of him.”
Stan always said there’s no woman alive that could charm him. At least that’s what he thought, until he met Marisa. He said he would never go skydiving. “Why should I jump out a perfectly good plane?” At least that’s what he said until Marisa wanted to go skydiving.
“It’s her eyes. Something about her eyes. When I look into them , I – I just can’t say no.”
“So she’s like Kaa?” I said laughing. She’s got hypnotic eyes, huh?
Slip into silent slumber
Sail on a silver mist
Slowly and surely your senses
Will cease to resist
“Ah come on Jay,” He said giving me a shove. “It’s not like that?”
“Wow! You’ve got it bad.”
“Yeah. I do,” he said blushing.
Word Count: 122
3: to control (an animal) typically by charms (as the playing of music)
Sarah decided to skip lacrosse practice. As she strolled home she thought about entering the Google Science Fair Competition. Everyone said she should, but she had more confidence in scoring a goal than her mad science skills.
She immediately sensed something was wrong when she got home. The curtains were drawn. She heard voices, but couldn’t make out who they were. Sarah entered cautiously and realized they were coming from upstairs. She crept upstairs, saw her brother’s door cracked and carefully approached. As she peered through the crack she was mortified to see her brother and her girlfriend in bed together.
Alright today I decided to tackle two challenges in one post. The Daily Post Prompt: Places and the Trifecta weekend challenge of writing a piece using: 1) only 33 words and 2) it had to be in first person. So here it or rather they are. Enjoy! 😀
I never yearned for writing our names in the sand or skiing or camping as long as she was here. Now she’s gone — that’s all I long for, and her at my side.
Make sure to check these out too:
- Hey, Let’s Have A Coffee | The Jittery Goat
- The Long Days Out | The Daily Dilly Dally
- Dailly Prompt: Places | Chronicles of an Anglo Swiss
- Daily Prompt: Places, Who Doesn’t Like The Beach? | Creative Mysteries
- Daily Prompt: Places Tranquility | Lines by Linda
- A Convergence of Energies | Miss Pelican’s Perch
- The Isolated College Town | Liquid Matthew’s Development Blog
- DAILY PROMPT: BORACAY | aapatawaran
- Daily prompt – Places | Joe’s Musings
- Daily Prompt: Places « Mama Bear Musings
- Daily Prompt: Places | The Blogging Path
- To the Moon! A Look at My Soul Sista | Short and Feisty
- Daily Prompt: Places | Purple Rosemary
- Daily Post: Places | Tommia’s Tablet
- Daily Prompt: Places – the beach, it’s always been the beach… | don of all trades
- Places | thelissachronicles
- Daily Prompt: Places | Diary of Dennis
- Daily Prompt: Places | My Atheist Blog
- Daily Prompt: Oh, the Places You’ll Go! | Happy Monkey Land and Other Musings on Life
- Daily Prompt: Where My Heart Is | One Starving Activist
- Another round of Czech please! | Travel Making Kai 🙂
- Daily Prompt: Places | Learning, Running, and Writing